Customer feedback for March

Each month we share a snapshot of some of the great feedback we receive from customers across the University about the fantastic customer service and support they receive from IT Services staff. 

March was an exceptional month, with preparations for remote working going into overdrive before restricted access came into place on campus. The efforts of IT Services have not gone unnoticed – here are some snippets from last month’s feedback, which apply to the department as a whole.

“I imagine that IT are under enormous pressure: they are an absolute credit to UoB. Thank you so much.”

“Everyone at IT support has been very helpful at short notice. Many, many thanks.”

“I know IT staff were also working especially hard trying to get everyone set up for remote working…”

“Great customer service from the IT team and much appreciated that you were so helpful and responsive during a stressful and difficult time for you all so thank you!”

“I am astonished that at a time when the entire university is having to move all sorts of things online, IT Services is still functional, good-humoured and supportive. I am very grateful for the expert help I have received.” – Service Desk

Here are some more of the comments provided by our customers in March, and the team or individual who deserved the praise.

“Thanks for quickly providing me with a replacement power cable so that I could work from home. Your service was polite, friendly and prompt, despite being so busy with a million other urgent tasks just before the University closed!”

-Jawad Hussain, College of Arts and Law

“Nilesh was excellent and installed the software in no time. Excellent service by Nilesh as always! Many thanks.”

-Nilesh Patel, College of Medical and Dental Sciences

“Toni Worsley is an absolute star and the most valuable asset in your team. In all the time I have worked at UoB she has been the most reliable and helpful IT services person that has ever worked with us in the BCTU statistics team. We know that when Toni is assigned to our helpdesk request then it will be sorted out swiftly. The effort she has recently put in to sorting out the windows 10 update issues and also more recently the remote access issues is most appreciated.”

-Toni Worsley, College of Medical and Dental Sciences

“I just want to say that Naser on the IT help desk was incredibly helpful in ensuring my credentials were refreshed, so that I could access Canvas for a lecture that I have to give tomorrow. He is going above and beyond the call of duty and is a hero to me.”

“Naser was terrific – knowledgeable, patient, courteous and efficient. I commend him really highly.”

-Naser Khan, Service Desk

“Cameron helped me with several queries in the last few days (about my password not syncing with my laptop; about Skype for Business). He has been super; really helpful and his expertise has been excellent. I imagine that IT are under enormous pressure: they are an absolute credit to UoB. Thank you so much.”

“Phone help was a model of patience and careful guidance in clear plain English – brilliant, thanks!”

-Cameron Jones-Moon, Service Desk

“Thank you very much to Reece who was great on the live chat support in understanding the issues with mailbox access and moving quickly to help resolve them in order that I can perform my role remotely. Great customer service from the IT team and much appreciated that you were so helpful and responsive during a stressful and difficult time for you all so thank you!”

“Very prompt and courteous response to my request for help, which was made at a time when I was busy and concerned about coordinating Institute comms and potentially losing mailbox access through going over quota, and I know IT staff were also working especially hard trying to get everyone set up for remote working. I really appreciated how quickly and helpfully Reece dealt with my call.”

Reece Langham, Service Desk

“I just wanted to say a massive thank you to the gentleman (I think his name was Jez) who supported me with putting remote access on my laptop. I am a complete technophobe and he was so kind and patient with me ensuring I fully understood what I needed to do. He was late going for his lunch because of the time he took with me but didn’t moan at all even though he’d been seeing a never-ending queue all morning. Please ensure he knows his support was much appreciated.”

-Jez Luckins, Service Desk

“As always a high standard of service received from colleagues at IT services – thanks to Scott.”

-Scott Mason, Service Desk

Well done everyone, and thank you for all your hard work.