The Impact Acceleration Account was awarded to the University of Birmingham by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) to fund knowledge exchange and impact from 2014 – 2018. We are pleased to announce that we have now been given additional funding enabling us to extend this date to March 2019.
The Impact Acceleration Account (IAA@UoB) is a flexible and dynamic fund designed to energise the local social science community to deliver timely impact initiatives, which build upon excellent research and engage non-academic users in generating positive change.
The IAA@UoB has previously supported the following key areas:
- Building relationships and networks with potential users of research to facilitate co-production of knowledge and maximise impact
- Movement and secondment of people between Research Organisations and user stakeholders
- Support for researchers to build networks with potential users of the products of their research, and further work to establish ‘proof of concept’ for their innovations
- Drive culture change in Research Organisations to promote knowledge exchange and improve related skill sets and capabilities
- Improve engagement with the public sector, civil society, industry and publics.
Below are some of the guest blog posts we have received celebrating the great projects we’ve been able to fund:
More information on the schemes and how to apply:
Not from University of Birmingham and interested in working with a University of Birmingham Researcher? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org