Midlands Art Papers is a collaborative online journal, working between the University of Birmingham and 11 partner institutions to showcase the world class art and design collections in public collections across the region. The first issue will be launched in October 2017, and will feature focused studies of individual objects, curatorial perspectives on exhibitions, and longer comparative essays.
This blog will be a space for regular updates on art news and exhibitions across the Midlands. It is maintained by students and staff from the Department of Art History, Curating, and Visual Studies.
Current partner institutions:
- Barber Institute of Fine Arts
- Birmingham Museums Trust
- Dudley Museum and Art Gallery
- Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, Coventry
- Leamington Spa Art Gallery and Museum
- The New Art Gallery, Walsall
- New Walk Museum and Art Gallery, Leicester
- The Potteries Museum and Art Gallery, Stoke-on-Trent
- Research and Cultural Collections, University of Birmingham
- Royal Birmingham Society of Artists
- Wolverhampton Art Gallery