What is Black British romance? What inspires and frustrates contemporary authors of ‘Black romance’?
On Wednesday 20 October 2021, CCLC invited three Black British authors to join us for a roundtable to discuss their views on Black romance and its position in British literary culture. We were joined by:
- Talia Hibbert (https://www.taliahibbert.com/)
- Andi Osho (https://www.andiosho.co.uk/)
- Frances Mensah Williams (https://francesmensahwilliams.com/)
You can watch the session recording below.
This panel was the second event in a three-part online series on African and Black Diaspora Romance, co-hosted by the Center for Black Diaspora, DePaul University, the Centre for Contemporary Literature and Culture, University of Birmingham, and the International Association for the Study of Popular Romance. You can access the recordings of the first roundtable and masterclass here:
- Masterclass: https://youtu.be/4KXT1CIz184
- Roundtable: https://youtu.be/nTWrNhYZKqU