Page Breaks this week will be on Wed 07 October at 1pm. We’ll be thinking about Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and (among other things) her use of feminist fashion. Our main text for this week is Vanessa Friedman’s New York Times commentary, ‘Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Lace Collar Wasn’t an Accessory, it was a Gauntlet’
Text (Reading and Watching)
- Vanessa Friedman, ‘Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Lace Collar Wasn’t an Accessory, it was a Gauntlet’ (NYT)
- If the link is not accessible for you, you can also access the reading on our texts page (email email@example.com for the password).
- For a bit of extra fun, watch this tour of RBG’s collars
- If anyone would like to share an example of someone using fashion to send a message, we’d welcome that! I like this one, from AOC:
Time and Place
- Wed 07 October, 1 pm
- Zoom: Link (Password: pagebreaks)
Looking forward to seeing you all again soon! This event is run by Dorothy Butchard and Toria Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). Please email us if you have any questions, but you’re welcome to just turn up.
About Page Breaks
This is an informal weekly reading group within the Department of English Literature. All welcome! https://blog.bham.ac.uk/englitpostgrad/page-breaks/