Our next monthly Research Day is on Friday 25th February. This is an opportunity to work on your own research, while knowing that others are working at the same time. We’ll have periodic zoom calls to set and reflect on goals, and an afternoon session to share new ideas and any aspect of your research.
How it works
- This is a virtual session, via Zoom – here’s the link to join.
- The day will run from 9:30 am to 4.30 pm (though most of this will be individual work time)
- If you’d like to join us, all you really need to do is log in to the first Zoom session at the start of the morning. You’re also welcome to come for specific sessions, if you can’t make it for the whole day.
- New for 2022: We’re trying out an optional afternoon session (4pm) for you to talk through a research idea, deliver a short practice conference paper, or tell us in more detail about the work you’re doing. You’re welcome to join just for this part of the day, and you don’t have to present – you might prefer to listen and respond to others. Please email Dorothy Butchard (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance if you’d like to give a paper or talk informally about your research.
- 9.30 -9.45 (ZOOM): Goal setting for the day
- 9:45 – 11.10: Writing/Research Block (1h25)
- 11.10 – 11:30: Finer Things: a well-deserved break!
- 11:30-12:45: Writing/Research Block (1h15)
- 12.45 – 1.30: Lunch
- 1.30 – 1.45 (ZOOM): Goal Setting/Check in
- 1.45 – 3:00 Writing/Research Block (2h15)
- WILD CARD FINER THINGS: take a 15min break at any time.
- 4.00 – 4.30 (ZOOM): Ideas Time/Final reflections: share more detail on what you’ve been working on today, reflect on a research question, test out part of a practice paper (30 mins)
- There’s really only one, and that’s to think carefully about your suite of goals (determining what you can accomplish in the individual blocks of time in the schedule, and what you can accomplish over the three blocks of time). Try to be specific, but also realistic!
The event is run by Dorothy Butchard and Toria Johnson (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org). Please email us if you have any questions, but you’re welcome to just turn up (at any point as well, if you’re not able to make the entire day).