Our next Research Day will be on Thursday 3rd November. This is an opportunity to work on your own research in a friendly and supportive environment, while knowing that others are working at the same time. We’ll have periodic zoom calls to set and reflect on goals, and an afternoon session to share new ideas and any aspect of your research you’d like to talk about. It’s great for focusing on a specific task, and worth a try if you haven’t been before – all welcome!
How it works
- This is a virtual session, via Zoom – here’s the link to join. [Note: make sure you refresh the page and use the updated Zoom link].
- The day will run from 9:30 am to 4.30 pm (though most of this will be individual work time)
- If you’d like to join us, all you really need to do is log in to the first Zoom session at the start of the morning. You’re also welcome to come for specific sessions, if you can’t make it for the whole day.
- New for 2022: We’re trying out an optional afternoon session (4pm) for you to talk through a research idea, or tell us in more detail about the work you’re doing. You’re welcome to join just for this part of the day, to hear what others are up to and share your own research.
- 9.30 – 10 (ZOOM): Goal setting for the day
- 10 – 11:10: Writing/Research Block (1h10)
- 11:10 – 11:30: Finer Things: a well-deserved break!
- 11:30-12:45: Writing/Research Block (1h15)
- 12.45 – 1.30: Lunch
- 1.30 – 1.45 (ZOOM): Goal Setting/Check in
- 1.45 – 3:00 Writing/Research Block (2h15)
- WILD CARD FINER THINGS: take a 15min break at any time.
- 4.00 – 4.30 (ZOOM): Ideas Time/Final reflections: share more detail on what you’ve been working on today, reflect on a research question, or talk about plans you’ll move on to next.
- There’s really only one, and that’s to think carefully about your suite of goals (determining what you can accomplish in the individual blocks of time in the schedule, and what you can accomplish over the three blocks of time). Try to be specific, but also realistic!
The event is run by Dorothy Butchard and Toria Johnson (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org). Please email us if you have any questions, but you’re welcome to just turn up (at any point as well, if you’re not able to make the entire day).