To get your ticket, visit our Eventbrite page.
Monday 27th March, 10am-3pm. Open to all, lunch provided, @ Barber Institute of Fine Arts.
Join us for a research day and writing retreat. A mix of workshops, discussion sessions, and focused writing sessions for network members to share their current work in genre, to read and reflect on recent work in the field, and to share their work in progress. Open to all researchers (staff, PGRs, taught postgraduates, and undergraduate students).
- 10:15-10:30 – Welcome
- 10:30-11:30 – Reading and discussion of Genre Worlds (short text provided in advance)
- 11:35-12:35 – Presentations, sharing work in progress
- Amy Burge, ‘Measuring changing masculinities in romance novels from 2000-2022 using quantitative methods’
- Cat Lester, ‘Not-so-bloody bunnies: Adapting Watership Down for children’s television’
- 12:35-13:15 – Networking Lunch
- 13:15-14:30 – Focused writing session (for drafting work, preparing funding bids, preparing talks), with discussion afterwards
- 14:35-15:00 – Final thoughts, discussion
If you’d like to give a short presentation, or submit a short (up to 3000 words) piece of writing to share, please email Amy Burge before 15 March 2023: email@example.com