Recent MPH Graduate Profile – Fehintola S. Ojugbele

1. Please can you give a brief summary of what will be doing/aspire to do once you have graduated from the MPH at the University of Birmingham:

I hope to work with the centre for disease control in my home country (Nigeria), and hopefully for international health organisations.

1. How do you think the MPH has helped prepare you for your career? What modules and/or experiences did you find the most valuable?

The program has equipped me with the skills and knowledge I require. ESRM, International health protection, public health in low and middle-income countries were very insightful, relevant and beneficial to me

1. What attracted you to studying at the University of Birmingham?

The university offered MPH in international public health for those aiming to work globally.

4. What inspired you most during your time at Birmingham? (E.g. guest speakers, lecturers, friendships, extra-curricular activities etc.)

I had to the opportunity to have some exposure in the practice through some days of working in public health England, I was more motivated seeing things I learnt being applied in real setting. I also made amazing friends that made my year worthwhile.

5. How would you advise people to make the most of their time on the MPH course?

Be ready to learn not only from the lectures given, but also from your colleagues.

Author: Claire

PhD Student, International Public Health