On Thursday 11 June, Dr Lisa Jones (St Andrews) will be joining us to talk about the aesthetics of pro wrestling. How should we think about the narratives of pro wrestling? How important are considerations of justice? And mostly: is wrestling art?
Time and Place:
- 1 pm, Thu 11 June 2020
- Zoom: link (Password: pagebreaks)
- ‘Is Everything Wrestling?’ (NYT Magazine – article)
- ‘Skip Opera. Go See Some Pro Wrestling’ (NYT )
- ‘The Aria of Babyface Cauliflower Brown (NYT video)
- Bonus: ‘Southwestern Territory’, by The Mountain Goats, Beat the Champ (2015) (Thanks to Will for suggesting this!)
About the Postgraduate Seminar:
This is an informal weekly reading group within the Department of English Literature. Everyone very welcome!