Our next Romance Reading Group online session is based on Winter Holidary Romances.
Our second 21/22 session will be on next Monday 6th December from 18:00-19:00 via Zoom, so save the date in your calendars! RSVP via: https://romancegroup.wixsite.com/home/event-details/winter-holiday-romances
This month, the Romance Reading Group will be focusing on all things winter holiday romance (from novels to films). This academic year, the sessions will in the format of an open discussion, with no preparation is needed, so feel free to just come along and add something to our conversation!
Some winter holiday romances to consider:
- Netflix’s new Love Hard (2021)
- Netflix’s Holidate (2020)
- Claudia Y. Burgoa’s Once Upon A Holiday (2019)
- Sophie Kinsella’s Christmas Shopaholic (2019)
- John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson’s Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances (2008) – adapted to film, Let it Snow (2019)
- Lisa Kleypas’ A Wallflower Christmas
- Love Actually (2003)
- The Holiday (2006)
- Maggie Knox’s The Holiday Swap (2021)
Further suggestions: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/the-read-down/holiday-romantic-comedies/
We’ll be discussing topics like:
- What makes it a holiday romance?
- What do you love about this sub-genre?
- What are your favourite holiday romance books/authors?
- How does this sub-genre contribute or interrogate the genre of romance?
- Does this genre lend itself to intersectionality?
And more! No need to read anything in advance, if you’ve read or watched a winter holiday romance (or even if you haven’t) feel free to come along and add something to the conversation! Hope to see you on the 6th!