Meet the Team – Tom Stanasiuk

The latest Programme ‘Meet the Team’ interview comes from Tom Stanasiuk, New Core Operations Manager, and Project Manager for the Business Intelligence workstream.

What is your role on New Core?

I am the Operations Manager with additional duties of project managing the delivery of Business Intelligence reports across New Core’s HR, Payroll, and Finance workstreams, and developing the ‘end-user training’ for University staff.

What were you doing before joining New Core?

I was the Project Officer for the delivery of the University’s Strategic Framework 2020, where I had the pleasure to work in the Planning Office for the Director of Strategic Planning.

What has been your focus over the past few weeks/months?

I’ve been focusing on juggling the responsibilities of my three roles on New Core. Operations is an area that is always very reactive, I never quite know what I am going to be doing week-on-week. Most recently, I’ve been working on financial reporting for December.

With regards to the Project Management role, I focused on planning for the delivery of Finance workstream reports, which is the next phase in the Business Intelligence report delivery for New Core

The New Core Trainer role is the most recent addition to my responsibilities, and I have started to develop end-user training, and eLearning tutorials that will support University staff in the launch of the new system. I have also embedded myself within our excellent new Training team.

What are you most looking forward to in the new system?

The replacement of a lot of paperwork by an automated and tracked workflow of activities! I am also looking forward to delivering new powerful functionality that hasn’t previously been available at the University and will be integrated across HR, Payroll, and Finance areas. Everything I have seen of the new system so far has led me to believe that it will be a real game-changer and a huge step up for UoB.