The Matlab Special Interest Group (SIG) was created in 2008 to create a group of liked minded individuals who can discuss their research using Matlab and present it to others. To date, we have over 100 members as part of the mailing list and are one of the most widely used research applications here at the University; we have a site licence for Matlab and over 25 toolboxes.
The Matlab SIG aims are
- To identify the best form of training
- To promote members work
- To allow members to talk to each other and give guidance thereby driving knowledge transfer
- Promote Matlab
- To liaise with Mathworks for the benefit of members
Expectations of the Chair
The Advanced Research Computing team will provide full admin support for you but the Chair will be expected to contribute
- up to 1 hour a week
- Contributing to the BEAR User Forum, at least once a year
- Setting up a user group / seminar at least once a year
- Looking into collating the different research using Matlab
- Establishing the group
What to expect
- Meet up with Mathworks with a named contact
- Early notification of major service changes or new services
- Direct contact with the Chair of the BEAR User Group, Dr Liza Jabbour and an opportunity to discuss issues and concerns in both a formal and informal setting.
In order to apply please email Aslam Ghumra ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with a paragraph of why you think you may be the best candidate, please include if you are a researcher, staff or student ( specify year ).
If you would like to talk to us about it please contact
Aslam Ghumra – 0121 414 5877 email@example.com