- On 21st June, Anne Green spoke about ‘The importance of the business, financial and professional services sector for the West Midlands’ at the launch of the Innovation Fund for Professional Services launched by the University of Birmingham together with the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership.
- Abigail Taylor and Anne Green presented on ‘From physical to virtual: challenges and opportunities for a neighbourhood-based employment support programme’ at a Symposium on ‘Employment support policies to support the economic recovery’ as part of a symposium organised by the Employment Policy in Context Group at the Social Policy Association annual conference on 7th July. As part of the same symposium, Paul Sissons (University of Wolverhampton) and Anne Green presented on the topic ‘Covid-19, job quality and Active Labour Market Policy in the UK’.
- On 22nd July, George Bramley and Kelvin Humphreys presented an update to the East Birmingham Community Heat Taskforce on the economic model we have been creating for appraising benefits, costs and options for domestic heating retrofits. The model is being developed in collaboration with the Birmingham Energy Institute.
- Hannes Read was interview by the BBC on the 19th July 2021, about the impact of COVID on future business practices and the business district.
- City-REDI and SQW supported the Midlands Industrial Ceramics Group in successfully bidding for £18.27m from the UKRI Strength in Places Fund.
Look ahead to the coming months…
On the 4th August, WMREDI and partners will be holding a launch event for the State of the Region 2021 report. The event will also highlight the West Midlands Data Lab.