- City-REDI and the Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce held a launch event for the Birmingham Economic Review on 21 October 2021.
Reports / publications released
- The Birmingham Economic Review 2021 – produced by City-REDI, University of Birmingham and the Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce. It is an in-depth exploration of the economy of England’s second city and a high-quality resource for informing research, policy and investment decisions.
- Hoole C., Taylor A., Read H. and Green A. (2021) Covid-19 recovery planning, partnership working and the role of universities in city-regions, WMREDI
- Green A., Riley R., Smith A., Brittain B. and Read H. (2021) The Future Business District, City-REDI, University of Birmingham, which was launched at an event hosted by Colmore BID on 13th October 2021, alongside the Colmore BID’s response entitled The Space Between.
- Journal article from the ESRC Productivity from Below: Addressing the Productivity Challenges of Microbusinesses project:
- Ram M., McCarthy I., Green A. and Scully J. (2021) ‘Engaging ethnic minority businesses in human resource development programmes targeted at more productive methods of operating’, Human Resource Management Journal.
Local and Central Government
- Andrew Mitchell MP, shared the Birmingham Economic Review in his latest message to his constituents.
Look ahead to the coming months…
17th November, ESRC Festival of Science event “The Future Business District in a Changing City Centre”.