Events – presenting work / speaking engagements
- Annum Rafique presented work with Juliane Schwarz’s on “Understanding the Role of University-Based Assets on Innovation in SMEs” at the 62nd Congress of the European Regional Science Association (ERSA) on August 28, held in Alicante, Spain.
Reports / publications released
- Liu-Farrer, G., Green, A. E., Ozgen, C., & Cole, M. A. (2023). Immigration and labor shortages: Learning from Japan and the United Kingdom. Asian and Pacific Migration Journal.
- Crisp, R., Waite, D., Green, A., Hughes, C., Lupton, R., MacKinnon, D., & Pike, A. (2023). ‘Beyond GDP’ in cities: Assessing alternative approaches to urban economic development. Urban Studies, 0(0).
- The final report for the EUniWell Policy Commission has been published – Young people, well-being and the COVID-19 pandemic: Learning for the future – Paul Vallance and Robin Miller.
- City-REDI was featured in an impact case on the Chartered Association of Business Schools website.
- Alice Pugh released a new report with the GBSLEP, Early Assessment of the Digital Innovators Ideator.
- Jo Mills from the University of Wolverhampton released a report for WMREDI, The Potential Impact of Youth Social Prescribing in the West Midlands on Employment and the Economy: Recommendations Report.
- Long, J. A., Lee, J. & Reuschke, D., 24 Feb 2023, Activity graphs: Spatial graphs as a framework for quantifying individual mobility. (E-pub ahead of print) In: Journal of Geographical Systems.
Look ahead to the coming months…
- City-REDI / WMREDI will be hosting two fringe events at the party conferences. On 2nd October we will be at the Conservative Conference and on 9th at the Labour Party Conference. The Labour Party fringe is hosted with the University of Manchester.
- City-REDI will be hosting the Birmingham Economic Review on 26th October with the Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce.