Events – presenting work / speaking engagements
- Dr Juliane Schwarz presented at the Entrepreneurship and Regional Development Seminar Series 2022 at the Centre for Business Prosperity, Aston Business School, on ‘Evaluating a Person-centred Start-up accelerator’ on 9th December.
- Dr Annum Rafique presented “Smart Energy – An Energy System for the 21st Century” at the DREAM meeting held by the UK Evaluation Society on Monday, 12th December.
Reports / publications released
- George Bramley, Abigail Taylor and Anne Green have produced a report for the Institute for Employment Studies called “Connecting Communities – Process Evaluation: Final Report”.
- Professor Anne Green and Dr Abigail Taylor have produced a new policy briefing with the Heseltine Institute called “‘Influencing local employment support: reflections from two Mayoral Combined Authority Innovation Pilots’.
- A new Policy Briefing, Professor Anne Green, Professor Chris Millward and Dr Abigail Taylor reflects on discussions during the Universities and Regions Forum skills seminar organised by City-REDI / WMREDI. They outline fundamental challenges which need to be addressed to improve skills systems in England – How can Universities, Colleges and Employers Deliver the Skills for Local Productivity, Innovation and Prosperity?
Local and Central Government
- Professor Simon Collinson presented to the Universities Group APPG on the role of universities in the growth and skills agenda on 29th November.