Join City-REDI/WMREDI in October for panel discussions at both of the political party conferences, held in Manchester (2nd October) and Liverpool (9th October), in partnership with the University of Manchester. Creating discussions, voicing opinions and whilst in a brilliant networking environment, if you are planning on attending the conferences or are in the area, why not join us?
Conservative Party Conference
Accelerating Place-Based Growth through Innovation: Lessons Learnt from Glasgow, Greater Manchester and the West Midlands
Monday 2nd October, 1 to 2pm.
Upper Hall, Friends Meeting House, 6 Mount St, Manchester M2 5NS
Drinks and Refreshments are available
- Thomas Pope, Deputy Chief Economist, Institute for Government (CONFIRMED)
- Chris Clarkson MP, Member, Science, Innovation and Technology (CONFIRMED)
- Professor Richard Jones, Vice-President for Regional Innovation and Civic Engagement, the University of Manchester (CONFIRMED)
- Rebecca Riley, Associate Professor Enterprise, Engagement and Impact, City-REDI (CONFIRMED)
- Sophie Walton, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Centre for Process Innovation (CONFIRMED)
Labour Party Conference
How will Labour deliver Innovation-led Growth? Learning the lessons from the Innovation Accelerator Pilots in Greater Manchester and the West Midlands
Meeting Room 4, Leonardo’s Hotel – formerly Jury’s Inn – 31 Keel Wharf, Liverpool L3 4FN
Monday 9th October, 10:15 for 1030 a.m- 12:00 noon
Breakfast including sandwiches and fruit, along with tea and coffee, is available from 10:15am.
- Matt Western MP, Shadow Minister for Higher Education (CONFIRMED)
- Chi Onwurah MP, Shadow Minister for Science, Innovation and Technology (CONFIRMED)
- Daniel Zeichner MP, Chair of the APPG for Universities (CONFIRMED)
- Rebecca Riley, Associate Professor Enterprise, Engagement and Impact, WMREDI/City-REDI (CONFIRMED)
- Professor Richard Jones, Vice-President for Regional Innovation & Civic Engagement, University of Manchester (CONFIRMED)
If you would like to attend either of the following events, you are welcome to turn up on the day or email Steve Barwick.