Researchers within the IMSR participate, as well as organise, many public engagement opportunities for community, patient and charity groups throughout the year. These include, but are not limited to:
- Lab tours and facility visits
- Public talks, Q&A webinars and workshops
- Community festivals and hospital showcase events
- Creative science-art exhibitions and collaborative artist residencies
- Open days and summer schools for young people
**Covid-19: Due to the coronavirus pandemic, most of our public engagement activities are on hold for the time being. However, we are running some online activities such as public webinars and Q&As. See below for details.**
UPCOMING EVENTS (in chronological order):
Institute of Advanced Studies Workshop with Distinguished Visiting Fellow Professor Helena Teede:
Co-creating the Future of Women’s Health:
Collaborative Partnerships & Creating Impact Together
How to connect the dots across all disciplines and stakeholders to transform healthcare
When? Monday 4th of July 2022
Where? Location: Edgbaston Park Hotel, Elgar Suite
Time? 12:30 – 16:30
Including talks on:
- Patient, public and stakeholder involvement for healthcare improvement – Keynote speaker: Professor Helena Teede
- Bringing people together to co-design solutions in the community: Hall Green Families Early Help -Speaker: Mrs Mohini Howard
- Prismatic view of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) – Speakers: Prof. Wiebke Arlt, Dr Caroline Gillett & Ms Amna Al-Riyami
- Two sides of a coin: Co-creating opportunities – Speakers: Prof. Shakila Thangaratinam & Mrs Ngawai Moss
If you are interested in attending please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 GLOW CONFERENCE:
“Caesarean Section Births: Right Time, Right Mother, Right Way”
Thursday 7th & Friday 8th July 2022
For the first time in its history, GLOW 2022 conference will be run in a hybrid format, both online and in-person. Find out more at http://www.glowconference.org/
The official launch of The Dame Hilda Lloyd (DHL) Network by Preet Gill MP is to take on June 9th, 2022 on campus.
We invite you to spend an afternoon at the launch of the DHL Network. The meeting will be an opportunity to hear from invited speakers, learn from researcher presentations and network with other clinicians, researchers and medical students interested in Women’s Health research.
There will be a Patient and Public Involvement panel discussion, where we will hear from some members of ‘The Hildas’ and other key people involved in improving Women’s Health in the West Midlands.
Register now HERE.