- On the 19th of April, Professor Simon Collinson presented at the CBI national Urban Revival Conference Series looking at how towns and cities can thrive post-pandemic and how businesses can contribute to the revival of urban life.
- The State of Region report, produced by the WMCA and WM REDI featured in an article in the Guardian, “West Midlands’ post-Covid recovery dominates mayoral election”.
Reports / publications released
- Green A. and Riley R. (2021) ‘Implications for places of remote working’ in Wheatley D., Hardill I. and Buglass S. (ed.) Handbook of Research on Remote Work and Worker Well-Being in the Post Covid-19 Era, IGI Global, pp. 161-180. ISBN: 9781799867548
Local and Central Government
- On Thursday 8th of April, Kelvin Humphreys presented alongside Martin Freer (Director of the Birmingham Energy Institute, BEI) to the East Birmingham Community Heat Taskforce which is chaired by Liam Byrne, MP for Birmingham Hodge Hill and Shadow Mayor for the West Midlands. We provided an update on a business case being developed to support the retrofit of homes in a pilot area of East Birmingham with energy-efficient space heating. Kelvin presented a high-level summary of an economic cost-benefit analysis model that WM REDI is creating to support the development of the business case.
Look ahead to the coming months…
- Professor Simon Collinson and Professor John Goddard will be speaking at the Civic University Network conference on the 18th – 20th May.
To sign up for our blog mailing list, please click here.