- On the 2nd March, Professor Raquel Ortega-Argiles presented at the Spatial Analytics + Data seminar on the digital economy and regional inequalities in the UK.
- On the 9th of March, WM REDI and the West Midlands Combined Authority hosted the Treasury Green Book Roadshow.
- On the 16th of March, City-REDI / WM REDI hosted a Roundtable on ‘Levelling up R&D Funding’ with Professor Richard Jones, co-author of the ‘Missing £4 Billion’ report.
- On the 18th of March, Professor Simon Collinson participated in a roundtable with National Centre for Universities and Business and Imperial College on Innovation Collaboration Zones.
- On the 24th of March, 13:00 – 14:00, Dr Bertha Rohenkohl from the University of Sheffield presented at the City-REDI Seminar Series called “Intergenerational Income Mobility in the UK: New evidence using the BHPS and Understanding Society”.
- On the 25th of March, City-REDI / WM REDI participated in a workshop hosted by the OECD team working on the Geography of Higher Education (GoHE) and the Civic Universities Network on ‘The role of Civic Universities in the UK post-pandemic recovery: An International Perspective’ with participants from the USA and various parts of Europe. David Sweeney, Chief Executive of Research England praised the work of City-REDI in helping develop the analytical capability of regions and examining the role of universities in inclusive growth.
- On the 31st of March, Dr Abigail Taylor participated in a Debate in Public Policy seminar organised by the Centre for Innovation Management Research (CIMR), at Birkbeck, University of London. Abigail will present summary findings from the research paper she contributed to with the Industrial Strategy Council: Rising to the UK’s Skills Challenges.
- Professor Simon Collinson was interviewed by Channel 4 on the impact of the Government Budget on Birmingham.
- Professor Anne Green was quoted in a BBC online article about West Midlands job losses.
- A City-REDI report on Advanced Ceramics in the Midlands featured in Business Live.
Reports / publications released
- New paper from Nikolaos Terzidisand Professor Raquel Ortega‐Argiles in the Journal of Regional Sciences, Employment polarization in regional labor markets. Evidence from the Netherlands.
Look ahead to the coming months…
- Webinar: Harnessing the Potential of Createch in the West Midlands – 22nd April 2021, 13:00 – 14:20
To sign up for our blog mailing list, please click here.