Events – presenting work/speaking engagements
- On 30th August and 2nd September, Josh Swan presented at events to launch the Civic and City Indexes, part of the WMREDI Data Lab.
- On 1st September, Anne Green presented in a session on ‘Levelling Up and Recovery Policy: International Experience and Lessons’ at the Royal Geographical Society conference at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Hannes Read presented at the Inclusivity, Sustainability and the Placement Practitioner Annual Conference at Keele University on 7th September.
- On 8th September John Goddard attended a meeting of the Advisory Board for the European Commission’s Higher Education and Smart Specialisation programme. The Board also participated in the launch of the EC’s Partnership for Regional Innovation guidebook with a view to incorporating universities into future editions.
- On 26th September, City-REDI / WMREDI held a fringe event at the Labour Party Conference called “Leading the Future by Creating it: Delivering Inclusive Innovation”.
- On 29th September, the announcement of the National Civic Impact Accelerator (NCIA) was featured in the Times Higher Education.
Reports / publications released
- On 8th September, Maryna Ramcharan produced a new report called “Equality Act 2010 Effects on Incomes of Ethnic Minorities”.
- On 23 September, Matt Lyons presented the paper: ‘Levelling up’ R&D in the UK: A multi-region input-output approach at the 9th Hispanic-American Input-Output Society (SHAIO) Conference.
- On 29th September, the National Civic Impact Accelerator (NCIA) was announced. The project, led by Sheffield Hallam University, aims to support universities across the country to develop their civic leadership, maximising their local social and economic impact and helping to address national and global challenges. City-REDI / WMREDI are one of six other partners helping to deliver the project.
Look ahead to the coming months…
- On 4th October, City-REDI / WMREDI is holding a fringe event at the Conservative Party Conference called “Leading the Future By Creating It”.
- On 20th October, City-REDI / WMREDI is holding an event with the Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce – The Birmingham Economic Review 2022.
- On 24th October, City-REDI / WMREDI and the ONS are holding an event called “ONS Economic Forum – Birmingham”.