Meet Elizabeth Goodyear, WMREDI’s New Project Manager

I joined the WMREDI Team as Project Manager in May 2021, I have worked at the University of Birmingham for 13 years and have had many varied roles in strategic planning, research, and impact over that time.  My most recent role was as Project Manager for the Economic and Social Research Council Impact Accelerator £1m award for the University of Birmingham.

I am always keen to get involved in working groups and networks within the University and have been a member of the Women’s Network Committee since its inception.  I currently cover the role of Strategy and Policy Coordinator in the network and have recently set up the first menopause cafes at UoB.  I am also a member of the Family Friendly Working Group within the Equality Change Programme.

Over the past few years, I have gained a Postgraduate Certificate in Corporate Communications via the PR Academy and the University of Chester and I am currently working towards my Masters Degree through their distance learning Work Based Integrative Studies route.  I am also level 5 CIPD qualified in Human Resource Management and prior to my roles at UoB worked in HR for a large multi-national catering company.

I have recently rediscovered my love of horses, via my youngest daughter, and when not working or studying I love to read and can often be found at the stables reading a good book under a tree on a Sunday afternoon.  I don’t have a favourite genre and will read pretty much anything, what I do need to do is stop joining book groups and reading challenges, but they are all so tempting!

I am excited to become part of a team working to understand and support local and regional economies.  I have lived in South Birmingham my whole life and I am particularly interested in the themes of regional society, communities, health and well-being.  After the difficult year we have all had, I can think of no better team to be in than one that can bring together universities and external partners to improve our economy and our society.

This blog was written by Elizabeth Goodyear, Project Manager, WM REDI, University of Birmingham. 

Disclaimer: 
The views expressed in this analysis post are those of the authors and not necessarily those of City-REDI / WM REDI or the University of Birmingham.

Sign up for our mailing list.