A range of speakers from the public and private sector will be speaking at TheCityUK National Conference 2018 on the 22nd of November at the Birmingham Conference & Events Centre. The conference will be focused on the contribution of financial and related professional services across the UK with regards to issues such as skills and talent, infrastructure, devolution and regional and national growth initiatives. City-REDI’s own Professor Simon Collinson will be joined by following confirmed speakers:
- James Brokenshire MP, MP for Old Bexley and Sidcup and Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Sir John Peace, Chairman, Midlands Engine
- Jonathan Reynolds MP, MP for Stalybridge and Hyde and Shadow City Minister
- Deborah Mattinson, Founding Partner, BritainThinks
- Dr John Ashcroft, former Chief Executive, Pro-Manchester
- Sandra Wallace, TheCityUK City Chair for Birmingham and UK Managing Partner, DLA Piper
- Chris Hearld, TheCityUK City Chair for Leeds and North Region and Chairman and Leeds Office Senior Partner, KPMG
- Ian Stuart, Chief Executive Officer, HSBC UK
The University of Birmingham has ten complimentary tickets reserved so please get in touch directly with Richard Kelly at TheCityUK if you are keen to attend (using firstname.lastname@example.org). Further information about the schedule is available here.
The views expressed in this analysis post are those of the authors and not necessarily those of City-REDI or the University of Birmingham.
To sign up for our blog mailing list, please click here.